Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Blogging for Dummies

About 3 weeks ago I used to consider myself to be somewhat Internet savvy- I was the designated "computer person" in the family, the one who knew how to upload digital pictures, download iTunes and help my Mom when she would type her entire e-mail message in the send to box. However after a few days in my Advanced Communication Skills class, my computer confidence levels have plummeted and I feel like I have a lot of catching up to do.

Don't get me wrong, I could teach a course on Facebook and I like to think I can pretty much find anything on the web but when it comes to Podcasts, Wikis and blogs I am right there with the rest of my family.

I am starting to get a hang of the whole blogging thing now. To be honest my first few days were pretty tumultuous. My first official posting (that was later deleted) consisted of the word "hi" and it took about 3 emails back and forth with my professor to figure out how to comment on other peoples blogs, yet I`m hanging in there and everyday I blog and continue to explore all of the amazing PR outlets online, I am determined to be Internet savvy once again.

No comments: